It is now easier than ever to remotely monitor, record & control one of our compatible Sony camera. Smart Remote Control essentially turns your smartphone or tablet into a spare remote (or a primary remote, if you don’t already have a remote commander). The application allows you to stream a live feed from your camera to your mobile device, allowing you to remain remote from the camera.
Downloading The Applications
The Sony PlayMemories / Smart Remote Control app can be downloaded from your app store by following the links below:
Setting your camera up for Smart Remote Control shooting
1. Select Menu > Apps Menu > Application List > Smart Remote Embedded
(the camera will prompt you to log on to your wireless network)
2. Go to Wi-Fi settings on your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet. Select the device shown on the camera menu. Enter the password shown in the menu.
3. As soon as you see a spinning “Connecting” icon – Open the PlayMemories app on your smartphone or tablet and you are connected.
You will now be able to:
- Trigger the shutter from your phone.
- Adjust EV compensation up to +/– five stops. (This control is disabled when shooting in Manual mode.)
- Turn the self-timer and the image review function on or off. There is a settings icon in the lower-left corner of the screen that allows you to do so.
- Select Save Options. If you select On, the app will save a resized JPEG to your phone or tablet and a RAW or JPEG to your SD card.